There are many benefits to resting. It helps you stay healthy, alert, and loose weight!
When I was in university, I was running on an average of 3 hours of sleep a night. No wonder I was at my heaviest (Take a look at my before and after pics!) Even though I maintained a healthy diet, and worked out regularly, I would still notice the numbers on the scale increase weekly. At the time, I didn't know what the problem was. I knew I was stressed out, because of exams; and then it hit me! The only difference between my lifestyle before University, and during, was sleep (or lack there of).
Here are the FACTS!:
- Rest helps you eat less: It suppresses your appetite, and increases your metabolism. During University, my body was saying give me rest, or give me food. I ate more then ever! A recent study found that women who are lacking an average of 6 hours a night of rest, ate an additional 300 calories..and those calories add up!
- Rest gives you energy: Just like your body needs food for fuel, it also needs rest. Energy then gives you the power to exercise, and as a result, burn calories.
- Rest reduces anxiety, & stress: My mother always said, if you have a problem, and can't figure it out, sleep on it, then come back to the problem once you are refreshed. I would have to agree with her on this one 100%. Adequate rest has helped me solve many of my problems, whether it be personal, business, or school related. In fact, solutions sometimes come to me in my sleep. Sounds crazy, I know, but it works!
- Rest allows your body to heal and restore: After an intense and challenging work-out, rest allows your muscles to recuperate, leading to better results.
So...How much rest is recommended?
Everyone is different. We recommend an average between 6-8hrs. Sometimes I like to sleep more (10 hours). The point is to feel refreshed. Too much of anything is not good, and may leave you feeling groggy. Use your discretion.
Having Problems Sleeping?: BellaVita can help! Come in for one of our restore classes, which will leave you feeling completely relaxed and energized. Contact Us for more information.
Written by: Izabella
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Here are many reasons why:
1) Speeds up metabolism: Some people skip it in an effort to shed pounds, save on time, etc. Well we have news for you! Skipping on this meal can make you gain weight. Studies have shown that skipping breakfast is linked to obesity.
No matter what your goals are, breakfast can help you reach them.
2) Gives you energy: We all know food is fuel. Start every morning with breakfast for a great day ahead. It can help increase productivity, improve your mood, and concentration.
3) Lowers bad cholesterol: Research has proven that those that skip on breakfast have increased cholesterol which can lead to diseases and diabetes.
4) Controls cravings: Keep your cravings in check by diminishing that hungry feeling. Eating a healthy well-balanced breakfast helps you stay away from junk cravings later in the day!
THE LIST GOES ON.....
Breakfast is for both the strong AND the beautiful! Make sure your first meal is: HEALTHY, WELL-BALANCED, & NUTRITIOUS. Don't just eat anything, start your day off right with a balanced meal of protein, fat, and carbohydrates.
Use the above image as an example:Turkey Sausage, Egg White, Whole wheat crepes, and avocado with onion & olive oil. YUMMY!
Contact us to help you put together a nutrition plan for your lifestyle! We have a full team of experts ready to help.
"Breakfast for both the strong, and the beautiful!"
Welcome to BellaVita News! We will keep you updated on everything wellness! Enjoy your stay :)